A typical day in Flamingo Bay...
- Children arrive, self-register and complete an independent focus task.
- We will often have breakfast set up to give the children the opportunity to learn life skills, fine motor skills, encourage independence and language.
- Welcome song.
- There will be a range of educational activities out for the children to explore, some with adults others independently.
- There is always an adult led activity in the morning, this is usually 1:1 or rarely paired.
- We have snack, as a group which we use as another learning opportunity, using communication books and lots of 1:1 language opportunities.
- We have a dough disco session as a group, concentrating on fine motor skills. This is followed by a phonics song to learn the phase 2 sounds.
- Counting song and counting.
- We have out class story as a group and then an activity relating to that.
- We have a lunch song before lunch.
The children from Flamingo Bay eat together in a smaller, quieter dining space, with higher levels of adult support.
- Children return from lunch, self-register and complete an independent focus task.
- We then have a hello song.
- There will be a range of educational activities out for the children to explore, some with adults, others independently.
- There is always 1 or more adult led activity every afternoon, this is usually 1:1 or rarely paired.
- Every child will have a 1:1 intensive interaction therapy session.
- We have a daily group Attention Autism session.
- Home time song.
Throughout the week we also have PE sessions, sensory story, music and dancing sessions.
We have small focus groups for letter formation and phonics, as well as individual reading with an adult.
Some children also attend sessions in their year group / mainstream class for maths, phonics, PE, music, Welly Wednesday and topic.