Foxes Class – KS2
Children in Foxes class follow a bespoke curriculum including maths and English activities, Speech and Language and personal and social development, designed to meet the children’s individual targets, as identified through their EHCP.
In Foxes, the classroom is set up to provide a range of opportunities for different learning needs. The children have opportunities for individual and small group activities with zoned areas for experiential learning and learning through play.
Through a topic-based approach, the children work on the following:
- Communication through play activities
- Group turn taking activities
- Activities to develop concentration and attention
- Focus talks to build independence.
- EHCP / IEP tasks
- Expressive and receptive language tasks
- Learning to follow instructions
- Developing social skills
- Early language building skills including phonics
- Early maths skills
Our interventions deliver a carefully structured programme of activities using evidence and researched based approaches. These include:
- Intensive Interaction (delivered with advice and support of a speech and language therapist)
- Attention Autism
- Communication Books
- Makaton Sign
- Identiplay (play based intervention)
- Sensory Circuits
- 1:1 and group Speech and Language Intervention (delivered by Magic Words)
A typical day in Foxes may include:
- Children arrive and have some structured play
- Once all the children have arrived we do self-registering
- Good morning activity
- Run through the morning activities (Visual timetable)
- Makaton (the sign of the week)
- Daily walk
- Whole class English activity
- Structured play plus 1:1/ small group English activity.
- Snack and break
- Whole class maths activity
- Structured play plus 1:1/ small group maths activity.
- Break on the playground.
- Self-registration/greeting activity
- Run through the afternoon
- Round robin of tasks – creative, fine motor skills, sensory
- Break/sensory circuit
- Continuation of the round robin activities
- Structured play and 1:1 task
- Attention Autism
- Class story
- Get ready for home time